Lancaster & Morecambe Walking and Social Group: Guidelines for Walkers
All walkers who intend to join one of our walks need to read the following.
- Everyone is welcome on our walks, but children under the age of 18 need to be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- You must book a place with the walk leader; their contact details will be in the weekly email that is sent out on Mondays at approximately 7.00pm
- If you require a lift, check the WhatsApp group, or contact the walk leader.
- Guidance for contribution to fuel costs if receiving or giving a lift HERE
- You must make sure that you have suitable clothing and equipment for the weather conditions and the time of year.
- All walks will have a lunch stop, and usually a coffee stop. Make sure you have plenty of food and drink with you.
- You must be fit enough to undertake the walk. Refer to the detailed walk descriptions given in the email sent out in the week preceding the walk.
- Walk leaders may refuse to accept people who in their opinion are inadequately equipped or unfit.
- If you have any significant health conditions which may affect your ability to complete the walk, these should be discussed with the walk leader, discreetly, prior to the walk.
- You must follow any reasonable instructions given by the walk leader.
- The start point/parking place and time for the commencement of the walk will be given in the email. Please make sure you are there in good time and ready to start the walk.
- If a walk leader decides to cancel the walk for any reason, this will be notified to walkers using email, the WhatsApp group and also by individually contacting anyone who does not have access to the above. Please check emails and WhatsApp group regularly before the walk.
- Registered Assistance Dogs are always permitted on walks. Other dogs are allowed, but please check with the walk leader first.
- If it is the first time you wish to bring a dog, please check with Paul before doing so.
- Please note that legal responsibility for any incidents caused by dogs lies with the dog owner.
- When walking along roads, keep to the right hand side of the road, and stay in single file.
- It is a recommended that you carry a small personal first aid kit.
- In general, all walkers should be behind the walk leader. If walkers get in front for any reason, they must not get far ahead and must stop and wait at any junction, or place where the route ahead is not clear.
- All those joining a walk do so entirely at their own risk.
The group is not liable for any injury or accident sustained at an event organised by an individual. This includes walks, trips and journeys.
Please see Our Disclaimer Page HERE